TEAM Nepal has recently completed the first stage of its relief and rebuild efforts in different areas of hard hit Sindhupalchock of Nepal. First stage of our projects was completed in 6 VDSc with necessary supplies, temporary shelter and tin roofs. We have helped over 9000 families directly either with the food supplies, shelter or medication. Please view our complete list of activity, Donations and Expenses.
At the mean time here are (Download PDF file) our proposed projects for coming two years to reconstruct, renovate, operate and run the projects.
महाविनाशकारी भुकम्प २०७२ पछाडि टिम नेपालले गरेका उद्दार तथा पुनर्निमाणको कार्यक्रमहरु ।
Relief and Rebuild Support after devastating earthquake on April 25, 2015.
Medical Camp and Clinic Started at Talamarang– Over 500+1600 (2100) population benefited.
- Health Camp organized at Jageshori School.
- Treatment of people wounded in the earthquake.
- Provided free treatment of fever, common cold, diarrhea and other transformable disease after earthquake.
- Distributed and cleaned the area with 20 sacks of lime powder and phenyl.
- Regular free treatment and medicine distribution by local and international doctors. Melanie Hennessy, Ireland is regularly working for such work even before the earthquake.
Thangpaldhap Relief Support (Ward No 5 to 9)– 646 Family House Benefited (Completed)
- 6000 kgs of rice.
- 250 Kgs of Salt
- 250 Kgs of Pulse (Daal)
Bhotenamlang Relief Support (Ward No 1 to 5) – 666 Family House Benefited (Completed)
- 7500 Kgs of Rice
- 480 Kgs of Pulse
- 500 Kgs of Salt
Urleni, Ward No 3, Mahankal, Relief Support – 111 Family House Benefited (Completed)
- 3330 Kgs of Rice
- 111 Kgs of Pulse
- 111 Kgs of Salt
- 111 Ltrs of Cooking Oil
- 14 Mattress to those losing their family.
Talamarang Solar Project – 69 Dalit Household Benefited with one light each. (Completed)
- Solar light was installed to all 69 houses of all Dalits in Talamarang Village.
- One each of Solar Panels were given to Nepal Army office and Melamchi Ghyang School.
- One each was given to Ward no: 3 and 4 of Talamarang VDC.
- Two solar panel was installed in the Little Angel’s Children Home.
Water Filter Project – 19 Water Filters (Completed)
- 19 Water filter with the capacity of 5 liters/hour filtering capacity were given out to the people of Talamarang Village for safe drinking water. They will be placed in public places and people can drink from those taps.
Toilet Tent Programs – 840 Toilet Tent Distributed (Completed)
- 840 Toilet Tents distributed in Talamarang, ward no: 1 to 9
- 6 Tents for the University Volunteers.
- 3 Tents to local volunteer’s group.
- 3 Tents to Kolechour School
- 6 Tents to Batase Hostel and School Needs.
Terse School Hostel Program – Expected 300 students to stay (Completed)
- Provision of tents fitting the students in hostel. (Not arrived yet)
- Initial provision for food to the students and teachers living in the shelter.
- Provision of light, toilet, cooking accessories and drinking water.
- Distribution of sports materials to the students of Hostel.
- Help with some lime powder, medicines and sanitary supplies.
Help to Kolechour School with Sports and School Goods. (Semi-Completed)
- Help with Sports materials to the students of Kolechour School
- Distribution of bags, paint colors, chart papers and other stationary supplies.
- One set of computer with Midas EduKit software will be given on 17th of June amidst the program to inaugurate Terse School Hostel.
Dubachour Village: Over 1700 House Family benefitting (Completed)
- 1700 house family benefited by 32×72 sq. inch sixe 8000 tin sheets. Every family house was given minimum of 2 to 8 sheets of tin roof depending upon the condition of existing toilet.
- Tin sheets were distributed focusing for toilet construction and sanitation in the community but temporary shelter was more important to some families so there has been some changes in program. We asked them to make sure they have a proper toilet but the tin sheets can be used for shelter purpose as well.
Thangpaldhap Village: Over 1200 house family benefitting (Completed)
- 2 to 8 pcs of Tin roof sheets sizing 32x72se inch to the people of Thangpaldhap was given out.
- 175 toilet tents and 5944 sheets of tin roof was given out to 918 family of the VDC.
- The prime purpose of the tin roof was to construct the toilet but the actual use of the sheets for temporary shelter was more important to some families. This is why there has been some changes in program. We asked them to make sure they have a proper toilet but the tin sheets can be used for shelter purpose as well.
School Re-Building Program (Planned for second phase of work)
- We will be carrying out this program after the coming monsoon. This program includes help to rebuild 19+ schools in 5 VDCs of Sindhupalchock.
- We aim to construct sustainable long term buildings which would be safe and earthquake resistance.
- The program includes infrastructure and/or other kinds of material support to the schools as needed.
- Educational materials, course books, computer and library will be our priority after a proper classrooms.
|Donations to Earthquake Victims 2015|
|S. No||Name||Amount Rs||Amount FC|
|3-May||HANDS WITH HANDS||335937.00|
|5-May||MARY T LALLY||20250.00|
|6-May||HANDS WITH HANDS EV FOERDERUNG SE||336977.00|
|7-May||STEPHEN MICHAEL RD||163217.59|
|8-May||HANDS WITH HANDS VEREIN ZUR ENTWI||341459.75|
|11-May||PUTNEY STUDENT TRA||30540.00|
|14-May||HUMAN OUTREACH PROJECT, USA||1000000.00|
|14-May||DONALD JAMES ROBBINSON||40795.00|
|15-May||MISS KATHARINE CLARK||5090.00|
|19-May||HANDS WITH HANDS VEREIN ZUR ENTWI||570992.00|
|31-May||JAMES J SMITH||116880.60|
|14-Jun||FJC, CHANGING LIVES AND MARVIN LINDA||1022000.00|
|15-Jun||GOODS PURCHASED BY TENZIN||36000.00|
|26-Jun||ANGEL AND MONIKA, TIERRAZEN S.L., SPAIN||100000.00|
|30-Jun||TENZIN KAZZ, AUSTRALIA||309611.00|
|5-Jul||HANDS WITH HANDS EV FOERDERUNG SE||444694.00|
|5-Jul||MARVIN S. SCHERL||1012000.00|
|9-Jul||NOAH D HOWARD||99323.00|
|12-Jul||HANDS WITH HANDS EV FOERDERUNG SE||558585.00|
|5-Aug||KARA HAYSLIP, BACKPACKING 4 BETTY, USA||10800.00||20 WATER FILTERS|
|5-Aug||KARA HAYSLIP, BACKPACKING 4 BETTY, USA||53700.00|
|6-Aug||MLEE ROGER PEGGY||220868.00|
|7-Aug||EARTH GARDEN FOUNDATION||898452.00|
|11-Aug||JULIETTE &CHARLOTTE JALQUES||Pipes purchased for Children’s Home drinking water.|
|1||Relief Support to Thangpaldhap||331000||Completed|
|2||Medical Supplies to Talamarang||1545000||Ongoing|
|3||40 Solar Panel Distributed||plus transport||Hands with Hands||Completed|
|4||19 Water filter distributed||plus transport||Jon Rose, Waves for water||Completed|
|5||1000 Temporary Toilet Tents & Transport (1000×2486)+32000)||2518000||Completed|
|6||Relief support to Bhotenamlang||396084||Completed|
|7||Dubachour Toilet tin program 1000x8xRs400||plus transport||3220000||Completed|
|8||Thangpaldhap Toilet Program 800x8x400||plus transport||2270800||Completed|
|9||Transport of medicines, solar, filter ect.||5×14000||70000||Completed|
|10||Terse School Hostel Management & Food||505000||Completed|
|11||Urleni Relief Support Program||171000||Completed|
|12||Batase Secondary School||200000||Completed|
|13||Melamchi Valley Campus, course Book Project||300000||Completed|
|14||Terse School Hosted Rent||100000||Waiting to be released from custom office|
|15||Terse School Course book program||Ongoing|
|16||20 Water Filters by Kara Hayslip, USA||Backpacking 4 betty||Ongoing|
As of Aug 15 , 2015
TEAM Nepal would like to Thank to Nepal Army, Nepal Police, Teachers, Students, and Youths, Community Members, Political parties and their youths, reporters and everyone involved in helping our community in such a disaster. We appreciate your great example of humanity with respect.
We also would like to thank everyone involved voluntarily in our support program in villages, everyone who believed us and helped us financially from aboard and all those foreigners who soulfully united with us in our tragic situation.